Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mann and censorship

I am not sure whether i really like Mann's photography of her children, it's hard to say, but I think that her photos shouldn't have been subjected to controversy, because her photos look like so beautiful, and they are different from a lot of photos as Mann used very old camera, so the photos are all monochrome. From her photos, I can find a little sexualized and sensual, but I think that's not a big deal, I just enjoy those pictures.
Some artists often deliberately try to provoke us in a myriad of ways, but I don't think Mann is trying to. From her interview, I think she just does what she wants. Although some of her photograpy seem a little weird, maybe it reflects an artist's personality.
I don't think Mann should be censored, she's just an artist, also including artists in general, as long as they don't do anything involved laws. I think art is a medium showing diffrent points in our life, so we should see them in different sides and enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. hey nick!!! i think the same. I don't think Mann shuold be censored either. It could be hard when you see the pictures for the first time but is easy then you know Mann. I think the pictures are a reflex of her personality. They look so natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nick,

    Nice post! I agree that artists must feel free to create and exhibit the work that they want to, without feeling as though they might get in trouble. Both you and Uchy seem to feel that knowing a little bit about Mann helped you to understand the pictures. Perhaps it also helped you decide whether you liked them.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY~nick~
    i agree that no artist should be censored,because we all have the rigt to creat at our own point. "freedom of press"
    right?

    ReplyDelete