Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Streetcar Named Desire

We watched movie " A Streetcar Named Desire" on the class, the movie's plot mainly talked about the issue of Blanche, Stella and Stanley, which happened in New Orleans in the 1950s. I think the most impressive scene gave me was that Stanley was so mad that he hit Stella under unclear mind; however, after a little while, he regretted, he went outside to find her, while he was yelling, in order to she can forgive him. Why did this scene give me a big impression? I think that Stanley changed his attitude so soon, because he always gives people a rude feeling, but this time it reflected a side of a man's frangibility. Although this is an old movie, it gave me fresh, surprised feelings, so that's why I like it.
I think the most sympathetic character is Blanche, even though sometimes she was vain and a little conceit, she just had one relative-Stella to rely on. Then, she was expecting to marry to Mitch; because of Stanley's clag, Mitch was angry with her,so they didn't get married. Last, she was raped by Stanley, and getting insane. She had a really bad fate, so I think that she needs to be sympathetic. On the contrary, Stanley must be the least sympathetic character. He gave me first vision was that he was a really good guy, but he was not. He did a lot of bad things, he lied, he raped, he fought, he swore, etc. Therefore, I was a little shocked about the end, but I like it.

At last, I want to talk a little about our presentation. We finished our second presentation last week, which was very successful and creative. Each group did a good job, and some of them made a lot of creative imitations. I am glad that I could be with Marcela as a group, she is so smart, she did a lot of job when we were preparing our presentation. Anyway, we really did a nice job. We will have one more presentation, I hope we can have a perfect presentation as conclusion.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nick,

    Great post! Thanks for talking both about the movie and your presentations. You did a great job explaining your reaction to the movie, and why it moved you even though it's old. I suppose its themes are timeless. I also agree that your presentation, and all of the imitations, were very creative. It always impresses me how daring students are! I think you will have no trouble attaining your goal if you continue to work as hard as you have been throughout the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick
    In my point of view, it is not very easy to put both the feeling of movie and your hard work of presentation. You really did a good job about expressing the main idea about the movie in detail.There is no doubt that Blanche is an sympthetic charactor. What she has been looking for alway give me a feeling of uncertainty and she is afraid of making a strong decision for herself.I like your presentation because your pictures were pretty vivid and lived up to your topic. The more we try to put into our presentation, the more experience we can gain in the procedure.

    ReplyDelete