Thursday, May 7, 2009

DRESS-UP

Dressing up as the opposite gender, it is really a brave and respectable behavior because the person who works as the opposite gender, he/she doesn't only dress up as the different sex, but he/she also needs to perform the way of the opposite sex. Hence, I think it is a really tough job. I didn't dress up as a woman, but I worked together with James, Duhwan, who did dress up as a woman, so I can learn something from them. First, they were really brave to dress up, no matter how they played, they had the courage to try, it is really honorable. Second, from the point of social values, I think playing the opposite gender, it's a part of art. I mean in China, there had an old form of performance, which was a man played as a woman, it was very famous at that time. Furthermore, Lanfang Mei, who was the master of that performance, attracted many people in China, and he also had an incredible performance in America. Therefore, I think dressing up the opposite gender is not ashamed, it's an art, and it's a respectable acting.
From our presentation, although it looks like a hard work to do, it can give us more experience, and we had much cooperation after class, I think we have a good presentation.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Nick
    Dressed up as a character of the opposite gender is a kind of art in sometimes, also it is a very interesting work, you can try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick,

    Nice job--I agree that it takes courage to try something new, and most people haven't dressed up on camera as the opposite gender! I think, even in small ways, we can always learn something from dressing up or thinking about how to portray someone of the opposite sex.

    I am glad your group worked well together, and thanks for a creative video!

    ReplyDelete